Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF

All I can say is TGIF!!!!  School with the kids about wears me out and I don't even go to school.  The stress of getting everyone out the door with everything they need and hoping nothing was forgotten.  Lauren called me before I even got home from dropping them off telling me something she forgot to tell me to do.  I dropped Ashlen off at the sitters so I could get stuff done without her whinning all day in the car.  I thing she prefers to be there anyway!!

On the way home from dropping off the kids I saw a scary sight.  3 ghetto looking dudes were trying to cut down a huge pine tree.  I don't know if the owners of the house that the pine tree sat on hired these guys to do the job, but i wouldn't have taken that chance.  One of the guys was literally chopping the tree down with an axe.  (not a chain saw like most people would) That alone leaves me to believe that they were pretty cheap labor.  The other two guys were standing around watching for it to fall I guess.  The only possible ways for the tree to fall we either on the house of the owner, their neighbors house or the street with cars going by.  I stopped and watched for a second and then  quickly drove away before the tree landed on me.  Morale of the story, hire a tree company with insurance!!!!

Lauren had a school volleyball game last night.  Her team won, which makes her team undefeated.  She played well, she has a few new floor burns on her elbows from her signature dives across the floor.  The boys both have their homecoming football games tomorrow and the banguet is tonight.  Should be a crazy day as always.  I love watching the boys play football.  They are both so dang fast.

Slept with the windows open last night, it is finally cooling down enough to do that. I love the fresh air in the house.  

2 comments:

angela said...

Love the tree story. That's hilarious...and scary. Good luck to the boys tomorrow and way to go Lauren!!

missy said...

My kids and Jeff all had the day off school yesterday! Yippee!! We went camping. It's getting down in the 50's at night and was so nice. I have the same attitude about school and look forward all year to the holidays! Our school year is only one week away from the end of first quarter. Yippee again!! :) Your kids are sure great at their sports. Congrats to them all!