Monday, October 27, 2008

Make sure your vote counts

I went to the polls today to vote. I felt proud to be an American as I stood in line, in the comfortable air conditioned room full of happy senior citizens waiting my turn to vote. The process was quick, the job done and at the end I got a sticker saying, "my vote counted". As I was driving home I started to think about all the people throughout time who have made this wonderful freedom that we have possible. I know that the political system is far from perfect, but we as citizens have the power to make our voices heard and we are able to turn any outcome around according to how we exercise our rights.. Our senators, reps, and others will listen to us as long as we all take a stand and fight for what is right. Whoever the next president may be, let him be a God-fearing man who will fight for our rights as a nation and keep us safe and our freedoms in tact. If he does not, let us learn from this and not let it ever happen again. America is beautiful and a choice land where God has let his true gospel flourish and we know that no man can ever take that from any of us, lets build up our country and make it better for our children and their children. Get out there and vote, we can't afford to ever lose that freedom!!!!

2 comments:

angela said...

Amen! Love the new blog look.

missy said...

well said. And I love the religion/gun photo. Is that your cabin?