Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday face

Today's friday face is my mom, Sally Huxford.  She is otherwise referred to by Grandma Sally by all the grandkids.  

Grandma Sally just left our house on wed. after being here for 3 weeks.  Ashlen got extremely attached to her and was very sad that she left.  I would find Ashlen by my moms side always, reading books, looking at all her stuff, waking her up in the morning, going on walks, and just hanging out playing.  They had a great time.  It reminded me of how Lauren use to be when my mom would visit us.  They always had tea parties and would dress up and play house or princess.  My mom is great with little kids, they adore her.

Sally, Grandma, was born Aug. 29th a long, long time ago, before there were cell phones and computers and way before blogs!!!!  She grew up in the Seattle, Washington area her whole life and was the oldest of three girls, her sisters are Kathy and Susie.  She met my dad when she was young, like 14 or 15 and they got married when she was 18 in the Salt Lake Temple.  After attending BYU they moved back to seattle and then Oregon and had 6 children.

The things I remember most about my mom is how hard she use to work.  That lady can make anything and was very economical with our food.  She would can all summer long to have food for us in the winter.  Our house was always very clean, not a thing out of place.  My mom loved to have people over for parties and dinner.  Almost every sunday someone would come over after church and enjoy her delicious cooking with us.  

The best time in our house was Christmas!!!  My mom could really decorate the house and our tree always looked so beautiful.  I loved bringing my friends over to see decorations.  She always made it so special.

These last few years have been rough on my mom.  She has been very sick with major back problems which has given her lots of pain.  The past summer she went through a second back surgery and she seems to be doing much better now.  

My mom is the best mom ever and a great grandma.  She is loved and adored by everyone she meets and she has so many friends.  




Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my mom, Sally Huxford.

2 comments:

angela said...

Such cute pictures of mom with Ashlen. Seems like she really is doing well. I can't believe that stack of books. I'm sure mom happily read them all to her.

Melanie Bingham said...

Those photos are precious!