Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Peyten turns 9

Peyten had his bday yesterday on memorial day. We had just gotten back from spending the weekend in San Antonio with the Spendloves. The lake where their lakehouse is beautiful, I can't get over that I was at a lake in Texas. It was a great time except for the fact that Lauren and I both had the stomach flu.

Peyten got some fun gifts, thanks to Brent and Austen shopping for him. He got a catchers mitt, new golf gloves, a rip stick, and some video games. I am still trying to talk him out of having a party cause I hate them. I bribe my kids with money, I am not ashamed in the least. Brent had to announce that he told Peyten he could have friends over for a sleepover on friday, if that's the case I am taking the money I promised him and Lauren and I are going to a hotel for the night. Brent can run the party.

Lauren is home from school today because she is still sick with the flu. It is a bad one that lasts 3 days. Hope the other kids don't get it.

3 comments:

angela said...

Happy Birthday my cute Peyten. Sorry you and Lauren got sick. Hopefully no one else gets it, especially Ashlen.

the child family said...

Please give Peyten big birthday hug from his terrible aunt Laura who always forgets to send cards. We love him!

Marci said...

How fun to find your blog! It was great to hear from you! can't wait to read all about your cute family. I LOVE the names of your kids - and they are all so adorable. I'm glad we can reconnect through the blogging world (even though I haven't really caught the vision yet... but I'll get there eventually).

Marci (yes, the one from Dallas)