Friday, April 18, 2008

What a weekend...

It has taken me all week to recover from the weekend, and today is friday and it is starting all over again. Lauren had a huge volleyball tournament this past weekend. It was down at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play, and there were 109 teams in her age group. There were also 6 age groups so if you can imagine a huge building full of about 1,000 teams. It was very loud!!! There were teams from all over the US there, Lauren and I watched the number one 18 yr. old team play,they were from Arizona and they were awesome. I was imagining Lauren playing at that level someday, hopefully. Her team didn't do so great, but Lauren gave it her all. At one point she served 14 times in a row. She has a wicked serve. All in all it was fun,my ears were ringing at the end of the weekend due to the noise of the whistles and girls yelling.

Peytens baseball team came in 2nd in their tournament again this weekend. He had a sweet hit to the fence that scored two runs and got him to 2nd. He made so great plays in the field as well, making a diving catch and throwing someone out at home. He went to church with eye black on his eyes, didn't notice it was still on until we sat down.

Austen had a basketball tournament and his team placed 1st. I didn't get to see any of the games due to the other kids games, but he played great Brent said. He is the point guard, due to his speed, but is also a great shooter. He also played in a flag football game as well and they won. He plays quarterback for the team, it is made up of kids on his tackle football team. I think the idea is to keep them thinking football and get them ready for the fall.

Ashlen is in the tub right now yelling for me to get her out. I think she has been in there too long. Lauren, Ashlen, and I are going up to Dallas to visit my friend Shellee for the weekend. The boys are going to Roundrock for Austens baseball tournament. I need to run and get ready to go. I am picking Lauren up from school early so we can beat the nasty Dallas traffic.

Chow for now

2 comments:

the child family said...

Do they have some sort of award for the family with the most gifted athletes? You guys would win for sure. I'm so proud of my little niece and nephews!
Hey be careful about that bathtub thing, I left Arlo in too long yesterday and when I went back in I discovered him playing with his own poo.

angela said...

I seriously don't know how you keep up with it all. But I know how fun it is to watch them while they are playing their sports.

Have a fun weekend in Dallas.