Friday, April 25, 2008

Ashlen

For about the 10th time today Ashlen has emptied all her clothes out of her drawers. It is getting old, she does it daily. I taught her how to put them back in, so she is stuffing them all back into one drawer and then taking them out again. In out, in out, what will she be when she grows up, maybe a mail lady. She is so serious about her task as well. Here they go again, all dumped out on the floor. I am already tired and it is only 10 am.

This past week Austen received his tenderfoot and 2nd class award for scouts. Our church had a court of honor and they held it outside with a campfire and the 11 yr. old scouts dressed up as indians. It was a little weird for me, scouts is a bit much, but we need that Eagle according to Brent. I just don't get all the ladies that get into scouts, they were dressed head to toe in that ugly brown and green and they wanted to be one of the guys. Isn't is boy scouts for a reason. Hope I am not offending anyone but I just don't follow how hanging out with a bunch of men and boys doing scout stuff sounds like fun. Now give me girls camp anyday, i love that.

Peyten has a tournament is Austin this weekend and so just he and I are going. Lauren has a volleyball tournament here and so Brent will be here with the other kids. Hopefully Ashlen won't get lost in the shuffle. We could just stick in front of her dresser drawers all weekend and she would be occupied.

I filled up my bird feeder yesterday and today I noticed it was empty. Guess the birds enjoy it. It must be like having icecream to them after eating bugs and worms all the time. Yuck!!! I am glad I am not a bird, I think I would like to be my cat though. she has quite the life and everyone loves her. The whole street claims her as their cat. My one neighbor told me in the middle of the night my cat jumped on her in bed. She doesn't know how she got in her house and it scared her to death. Lily just wanted to snuggle. She is a bit upset with me cause I shaved her a few weeks ago and it always hurts her ego until it grows out a bit.

2 comments:

angela said...

Great post. Love the randomness of it. Great idea to leave Ashlen in front of her drawers over the weekend. I can't get Olivia to help me clean up her toys/messes ever. Drives me crazy! She knows how she just is stubborn and won't.

I've been catching up on my LOST blog all morning. I need to rewatch the episode. I'm really confused...as usual.

the child family said...

Amy Sue, you are hilarious! Your posts are so entertaining, I'm sad when you stop.You had me laughing with the kitty on the neighbor's bed in the middle of the night! How in the world...?