Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's about time to write another blog


Lots has happened in the last month so I will summarize:

We went to Utah and Idaho for spring break.

The kids and I skied one day at Snowbasin, well, I skied the kids snowboarded.

We got to stay with Angela and Mike in their new house in the Mountains. It is so beautiful there.

My kids love playing with their sweet cousin Olivia, she is so adorable.

After Utah, we drove to Idaho to see the Idaho cousins.

Peyten didn't change his clothes the whole time we were in Idaho except to go to church. I think he was too cold.

We stayed up way too late and ate way too much good food.

Easter was fun with the cousins, I especially loved watching Kru walk around in his new flippers he got in his basket.

For more info on the trip you can read my sister Angelas post, she is better at the details.

Back to reality here at home when we got back. I started working on getting my back stronger so I can do all the things I love to do, which is for now being able to function as a normal person. I want to be able to golf again and work in the yard and stand in line if we ever go to Disneyworld again. The pain is pretty much gone, except at night my lower leg will ache a bit, but not bad. That's the good thing about being in hellish pain, when you get back from it, you can stand most anything else.

The kids are really busy with their spring sports. Lauren has had a volleyball tournament almost every weekend and has about 3 left until summer league starts. She is playing well, her position is middle hitter and that is for sure her strongest skill. she can pound the ball when she gets a great set. She is fun to watch, I love her competitveness, it is exciting. Austen and Peyten are both doing well in baseball. Austen plays 2nd base and Peyten plays 3rd as well as 2nd. We still have a lot of baseball to come as the season is through the end of July. I am enjoying it more and more as the boys get better and the competition gets to a higher level. Poor Ashlen gets stuck with the babysitter most of the time. If I was to bring her to any of the games I wouldn't be able to watch a thing. I am sure she enjoys being able to stay home and play with her toys anyway.

Ashlen is sick for the first time since we have had her. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she has an ear infection. She just was very congested and not herself. She has spent most of the morning crying, now she is in the tub being happy. The weather is so perfect here, we will take a walk later.

Brent is out of town for a few days for the Spring Car show. Hopefully Ford can get it together and get some new products out that people will want to buy. They are coming out with a new SUV called the Ford Flex and it looks awesome. I am going to get one of those this summer to try.

Ashlen is crying again so I need to get her out. She hates the medicine that she has to take so that is a nightmare trying to get her to swallow it. Good thing she only takes it twice a day for 10 DAYS!!!!!!!

No comments: