Thursday, April 10, 2008

Strawberries...

I took Ashlen to the sitters today and got all geared up to pick strawberries at this big orchard about 40 minutes away. By the time I got there it was pouring down rain. I sat in the car for a while, got out and wrapped a towel around me, then decided that strawberry picking should be done in the sun and not the rain. I got back in the car and drove home. Guess I will try again next week. The season here in Texas is early so in about two more weeks they won't be good anymore. After that the yummy blackberries are ripe. I love to make freezer jam and have lots frozen and handy for when the kids want smoothies. I do miss Oregon and all the great produce that you can get there. I should take advantage of Ashlen being gone and get some stuff done around the house, but...

Ok, I forgot how funny it is when young kids first learn how to talk and they copy everything that you say. Ashlen likes to do this and the kids have caught on that she will repeat anything!!!! The boys have taught her how to say words like, Poo Poo, Pee Pee, basically words they think are hilarious. She goes around saying these words now, not so cute when it's been said 50 times in a row. She also makes hilarious faces and when she gives you a dirty look and scrunches her eyebrows down she looks like Oscar the Grouch cause her eyebrows are so dark and think. She is not even one yet and she has a unibrow I have to shave it every once in a while.

1 comment:

angela said...

I agree. Strawberry picking should be done in the sunshine. I love warm strawberries right from the bush.

I guess we are lucky Olivia doesn't have big brothers to teach her unwanted words.

Pick some strawberries and blackberries for me. Yum!