Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

Top 10 reasons why the Christiansens won't be asked back again

1.  We forgot to bring what we signed up for.  (we really weren't home all day, how can they expect us to bring anything, I rarely feed my own family).

2. Ashlen was the cutest toddler by far and made everyone else look bad.

3.  My husband is the hottest man there over 40 and all the other wives were wishing their husband was hot like mine.  ( He is even cuter than the 30 somethings, 20 somethings is pushing it).

4.  During the opening prayer, Peyten was already in the food line.

5.  They ran out of rolls towards the end of the dinner and I noticed Peyten had 5 on his plate.  ( That was also the food item that we were suppose to bring).

6.  Half way through the musical program I noticed that my boys were gone from the our table and then noticed that many of their friends were gone as well.  My boys had initiated a capture the flag game and were outside playing.  ( I got a few dirty looks for fellow parents, hey I didn't tell their kids they could go).

7.  Lauren was suppose to be helping the little kids visit Santa at the end but she ditched it to go outside and play capture the flag and later said she almost beat up the Bishops son.  Way to go sweet cute girl, that will get the boys crawling after you!!!!

8.  Ashlen told Santa, "I don't like you", but later gave him a high five when he gave her a candy cane.

9.  The Bishop asked me if I was ready to be Primary president again and I laughed at him and walked away, then came back and reminded him that I am still expecting his wife to bring me a Christmas treat.

10.  And the final one, we ditched early to drop the kids off to go to a neighborhood party where they served real Coke!!!!!

All jokes aside, I love our ward, I just like to spice things up a  bit.  Every ward needs a crazy old lady like me.

1 comment:

angela said...

You and your kids are hysterical! Love this post! So I was told to not get Coke for our last Enrichment but my food partner forgot about that request from the RS Pres and got Coke and Pepsi. Who was the first person to come over and open up the Coke? The primary president. Ha!