Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday face


Today's friday face is my dog, Smalls.  These first two pictures of her are when she wore a mullet for halloween.  Cute huh?

Smalls is a strange name, yes it is.  There is a short story behind that name.  Brent didn't want her so I tried to get him to bond with her so I had him name her.  He picked the name from the character on "Sandlot."  It is a boys name and kind of silly, but I wanted Brent to feel good about her.  The name stuck.  Her nickname is "Smallsies.
Smalls is a mut.  I am not exactly sure what she has in her but she does have some weiner dog in her because of her long body, but she doesn't have the short legs, her legs are longer.  She has an adorable face as you can see and those eyes, don't get me started, I love them.  We are not sure exactly when she was born but we figured in was sometime in March so we gave her March 17th as her big day.  She just turned 4 this past March.  Smalls was given to us by a friend of my neighbor, Norma.  The friend got her and then changed her mind, thinking she wanted a more respectable dog, you know, a pedigree!!!  We saw her and the kids and I immediately fell in love.  She was so small and cute.  When she was little she would sleep across my neck at night.  I guess she thought I was her mommy, well, I am!!!

Smalls has grown up now, but still has boundless energy.  We got her a doggy door so she can go in and out as she pleases.  She loves to bark at everything, especially other dogs and the neighbors kids.  She is very sweet with kids, even though my crazy neighbor with the 80's hair thinks she is vicious.  She is a nut!!!  Smalls has two best friends, Allie and Chloe, they live next door and they can squeeze through our fence so they are always over for play dates.  Smalls also loves to torture our cat Lily.
As you can see, Smalls is loved by Ashlen, as well as all the kids.  Smalls loves the backyard and lies in the grass in the sun.  In the summer she likes to lie on the first step of the pool to cool off.  One time Ashlen was swimming in the pool and smalls thought she was in trouble and so she barked and barked to get my attention.  She is a genius dog.  Smalls sleeps with me everynight and is never far away from me during the day.  I know that people love their dogs, but I don't know who loves their dog more than me, maybe my sister Angela loves her dog Molly more.  I appreciate the unconditional love that she gives me and she loves to snuggle.  I love you Smalls, thanks for being my friend!!!!!


2 comments:

angela said...

She is a way cute dog. Maybe almost as cute as Molly...maybe. Certainly not as pycho as Molly.

the child family said...

I love your friday faces!
I have to say though, when I think of Smalls unfortunately I think of pooping in the piano room and hiding diapers under your bed. Sorry to ruin the moment! :)