Monday, January 12, 2009

Things i've Done

This post is about things i've done or said that I once said I would never do.  I've been thinking about it a lot lately cause I did one thing last week that I can't even believe that I did.  I am still in shock and am not even sure that I will list that one, or maybe I will and you may never know which one I am most appalled by.

I use to hate mushrooms and onions and now I love them.  The mushrooms can't be mushy though, and stuffed mushrooms are the best.  My sister in law Dawn makes some rockin' stuffed mushrooms

I love to listen to talk radio, my mom use to when I was young and I always thought that was so stupid.  One of my memories of her is listening to Paul Harvey at lunch time.

Ashlen can be seen pretty much any day wearing unmatched clothes or shoes with her hair crazy.  I remember when I would see kids like that when I was younger and think that I would never do that, but I do!!!! (I know we all do it)

My house is always messy, I can't get it under control.  When we were first married I was really picky about my house, but now I am not.  I don't like it dirty though, clean is important, messy is not.

I hate McDonalds hamburgers.  When I was in high school I loved big Macs, now they make me gag to think about them.

I eat Fiber.

I go to bed early even if i'm not tired.

I would rather stay home with a quiet book than get dressed up and go out to dinner.  

I like as little makeup as possible.

I spit wipe my kids faces.

I look in my kids ears and clean them out.  (That use to gross me out).

I throw away food rather than saving it for later.

I don't like cheap chocolate.  I use to say when I was a kid that when I was a grown up I would eat candy bars every day and that grown ups were silly not to.  Now, if it isn't good chocolate than it isn't worth the calories.

I said I would never like wheat bread, I love homemade wheat bread now.

I said I would never pull another weed again cause my mom would always make us weed.  Now I love it, it is like therapy.

I thought I would never like older men when I was younger, now I am in love with a 40 year old man.  (His name is Brent and I am married to him, lucky aren't I?)

I thought I would never have to wear antiwrinkle cream and anti aging products.  Now I try everything!!!!!

I said I would never embarrass my kids, now I do it daily.  My favorite is driving my kids places in my PJ's and pumping gas.

I thought I would never miss being a kid, and I do!!!!

6 comments:

angela said...

So now I'm dying to know which one you are most appalled by. Paul Harvey. I've got the same memory of mom.

You always have the best blog entries. I love them.

And, um, I'm the biggest loser sister. I didn't get a card in the mail in time for your birthday and I can't call you to wish you happy bday because I don't have long distance. You'll have to call me on your birthday. Sorry for my loser-ness.

Melanie Bingham said...

hmm I can't figure which one you think is the worst. I can say I have a similar list and I actually did the ear thing to my child on Sunday during sacrament meeting. GROSS! (We were in the very back and his head was resting in my lap how could I resist?)

amysue said...

I didn't list the most appalling thing by the way, I just couldn't do it

Stacey said...

I am with you on the "lounge outfit" in public! I keep thinking Tim Gunn or the people from "What Not To Wear" are going to jump out at me in the middle of Target because I look so scary! I swore I would never do that...but I am so comfy!! :)

missy said...

So funny! Please divulge which anti-wrinkle cream you use as it must be working. You look the same as you did the last time I saw you and that was like 14 years ago at my wedding. Thanks for revealing that you didn't post the most embarrassing thing, although I'm dying to know what it is. Everything else seems pretty normal at this stage of life. As for me, I've often said that I'll never color my hair. Now I've got these beautiful natural (gray) highlights. Lovely. Wonder how long until I give in...

missy said...

Jeff is going through some old things and telling the kids stories about when he was young. He pulled out an old letter from you when you were in the MTC. We were laughing about a line that began, "It will be so rad..." That's the 90's for you.