Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lauren Rocks at Volleyball






I can't tell you for sure, but I think I have the toughest 14 yr. old girl ever, or at least toughest in the Houston area!!!  She played in a volleyball tournament yesterday with a fever, sore throat, sprained thumb, and a sick stomach.  She played from 8am until 4 pm coming in 3rd place out of about 40 teams.  The team that beat them out in the semifinals is the team that won the whole thing, and we had them running scared at one point.  Lauren has a signature move that amuses her teamates, baffles her coach, scares her mom and causes the referees to cringe.  It is the throw yourself all over the court move to get the ball.  I am not kidding, you have to see it to believe it.  You think a ball is way out of anyones reach and out of nowhere, Lauren comes flying out to get the ball.  Sometimes she gets it, other times she doesn't.  At the end of the game she comes out looking like she's been playing roller derby instead of volleyball.  I took her to the doctor the next day and she ended up having strep throat.  She told me later that she was starting to black out during the last game.  Is that a warrior or what?  I say, no pain no gain.  This post is dedicated to good old Lauren, the animal!!!!!

2 comments:

angela said...

Roller derby. Now that's a sport I think I could enjoy watching! Lauren and I are just about as opposite as you can get.

Angie said...

Way to go for it, Lauren!! I'd LOVE to see her play!! Do you have some video footage to share?...Please! :)