Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Todays the big day

Well, we should know soon enough our fate.  Nothing I can do about it now so I am going to enjoy a fun day with my kids while they are off of school.  We are going to start by cleaning up the house, fun for me, then move on to something else.  Haircuts, shopping, lunch out, and a movie perhaps.  Austen already went Golfing with Brent early this morning.

Two nights ago my neighbor Kim and her husband invited me over to watch a scary movie.  I love scary movies but don't watch them often due to the fact that I get too scared.  Anyway, the movie was "Strangers".  Anyone ever seen it? Supposedly it was so scary they didn't release it into the movie theaters.  I put the kids to bed and then walked over to the neighbors house to settle in for a good scare.  I brought my own blanket so I could cover my eyes whenever I needed to.  Well, let me tell you, it was scary, SCARY!!!!  I spent most of the time under the blanket and was shaking by the time I walked myself home.  I woke up Brent and told him I was scared and he said,"SHHH, go to sleep".  The next morning Lauren and Austen came running in my room to ask me all kinds of questions about the movie, "was it really scary, were you scared, what happened, could we watch it, did people die?"  (I don't let my kids watch scary movies, do as I say, not as I do, I know i'm lame).  Peyten then came running into my room, plopped on my bed and looked like he was going to ask the same questions all over again, but instead asked, "did you have any popcorn?"  I love Peyten, he's my favorite!!!!!

1 comment:

angela said...

Don't watch scary movies!! That was a great story about Peyten. I'm still laughing.