Saturday, November 15, 2008

Movies with a two year old

I promised Lauren and her friend that I would take them to go see High School Musical at the movies today.  Brent has been out of town since wed., Austen was at a scout campout, and I couldn't find a babysitter so Ashlen had to come along.  I usually don't take Ashlen anywhere remotely like a movie or public for that matter cause she is a handful to say the least.  (she swore at me in spanish just now, I heard the word poo in spanish).  Anyway, I decided we had better go to the ghetto movie theatre so not many people would be there bothered by a two year old running around.  I gave her a bit of cough medicine, brought treats, a blanket and a pacifier and tried to do my best.  There was no one else in the theatre, I was so relieved and good thing.  Once Troy Bolton and Gabriella started to sing it was all over for Ashlen.  She was running circles around that place.  She chucked her paci too many times to count, did summersaults down the aisle, threw her sippy cup in the theatre trash before I could catch her, dumped popcorn on the floor, flew out of her theatre seat more times that humanly possible and the untimate, pooped her pants.  I realized I forgot to bring a spare.  I thought, no problem, i'll just dump the poop into the toilet and put the diaper back on and she can wear it for a bit longer.  Well, that doesn't work with the "Runs".  I had to chuck the diaper and wash her bum with a million paper towels while she kept trying to escape.  She just happened to be wearing a dress so no pants to cover her bum, so when we were walking out of the bathroom, she flashed everyone in the lobby, yelling, "diaper yucky".  I love that child!!!!  The rest of the movie was spent hoping she wouldn't tinkle on anything, but really by that point, did it really matter? 

4 comments:

the child family said...

OH! That little, adorable, tornado!

Melanie Bingham said...

Oh I feel your pain (and laughter)....Zoe turns 3 in Feb. if you figure out the potty training thing let me know!

angela said...

Funny to hear but not to live through. I just liked you using the word tinkle. Haven't heard that word in forever.

missy said...

I'm laughing out loud. Our last experience in a movie theater with Miss Sadie was not enjoyable, but not nearly as busy as yours. Hang in there.