Tuesday, February 12, 2008

surgery

Last wed. I had to go under the knife and have back surgery!!!! Scary for me, very scary. I have endured incredible pain all down my right leg for over a year now due to a pinched siatic nerve. After numerous chiropractors and other things and then trying to just live with it, I finally found a doctor who said he could fix it easy with a simple outpatient surgery. I was at this point ready to cut off my leg so I decide to go for it. The surgery lasted about two hours and I was home a few hours after that. I felt the relief immediately in my leg. I have just been taking it easy this week sleeping and not doing anything gettig the incision to heal and I can not lift anything for 4 weeks, including Ashlen. Kari my sweet sister in law took Ashlen for me and still has her. The kids are missing her so much as well as me so we will get her back this week.

I am looking forward to being my self again. I have lived with pain or so long that I am excited about all the fun things I can do and just enjoy them instead of endure the pain.

2 comments:

angela said...

Yeah! So happy for you. And thanks for not showing us a picture of the scar.

the child family said...

I had no idea you were hurting so bad or for so long. Glad to hear the surgery went well, my mom had told me you had it done so I was wondering how it went.
I went to your bro the dentist the other day and had a good experience with that. He and his hygienists are super nice. He said you might be coming into town soon???