Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school 2009

Well, this is the weird year for me.  I have a kid in high school, middle school, grade school and pre school.  My day begins at 5:15 and doesn't end anytime soon.  Lauren needs to become a bit more independent before I can sleep in and count on her making it to seminary on time.   The good thing about seminary is that her teacher is right around the corner and she is teaching at her house so she can ride her bike, walk, or take the 4 wheeler if she wants.  We are car pooling to school so we only have to drive once a week.  We really lucked out, I guess someone knew we aren't morning people around here.  Everyone seemed to have a good first day, I didn't seem too worried about anyone.  I love the first few days when they talk non stop about all the new exciting things that goes on.  Ashlen doesn't start school until after Labor day, what is up with that.  She and I have a few more weeks to stare at each other.  We did go swimming today together.  She is swimming without her floatie and so she scares the crud out of me.  She always says, "I drowned mommy".  She can't stop smiling when she swims so it lets all the water in her mouth.  I tell her to keep her mouth shut and she says, "K mommy," but she doesn't.

I think that I haven't mentioned that Lauren tried out for the high school volleyball team and made JV as a freshman.  She goes to a huge school, 4,000 students, so she is feeling pretty good.  I told her not to expect to start or play too much, but she is starting and playing the whole time.  She loves it so we love it.  Austen is trying out for 7th grade football this week.  This is of course right on track with all those early training sessions he and Peyten got when they turned 2 days old.  Brents dream is to have a football player among his children...hopefully it won't be Ashlen.

Today, because it was such a glorious first day back to school, I decided to relax by shampooing the carpets.  Not that I really wanted to but Austen was babysitting Ashlen last night and she happened to poop on my carpet and then walk all over it.  I was beyond crazy frustrated, that girl is scared to poop in the potty.  Is there somewhere I can take this child for training?

Things on my to do list this coming school year:

get organized...generic I know, but my life is very unorganized

get in shape

learn to cook better

read as many books as possible

see only good movies

make new friends but keep the old

volunteer somewhere besides at the school

keep in touch better with my family and Brents

get the laundry under control

learn to spit 

read the B of M

get some clothes that aren't white, blue or black

get a pair of really high heels and learn how to walk in them

play the piano

become a pirate  ( JK)

2 comments:

angela said...

Funny. The poop all over the carpet, not so funny. I miss you all.

the child family said...

Amy Sue, I love you! Please do learn to spit and then teach me!

BTW, we did volunteer work at the refugee center for one of my classes - I'm sure they have a center there and I'm sure they most defninitely could use a volunteer if you are into it.